Sunday 28 October 2012

Today is a good day.

Today is a good day. There is washing up to do, toys on the floor & clothes to put away.
& guess what? I'm snuggled in bed with my gorgeous daughter, watching Home Alone 2.
Today is a good day, because I've ignored the mess, I've looked past it & decided to rest- instead of obsessing over the daily chores.
Today is a good day because I am happily cuddling my daughter & laughing at her cheekiness(& the fact she's fallen asleep cuddled up with the tele remote) -I'm not itching all over, dying to scrub the floor, re-paint the walls, or dunk my little brother in the bath after he's covered himself in pen & paint.
Today is a good day, because I've looked at the mess & told myself 'I can do it later'.
Today is a good day, because I've let it be a good day.
Without being told to let it be, I've done it myself. I've overcome the fear of the mess & I'm proud.
Today is a good day & I am happy.
I hope tomorrow's a good day too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment