Sunday 27 April 2014

27 week pregnancy update.

This weeks update won't be very long. I've struggled to find the time to even write a small update, so I am currently typing away whilst stuffing my face with Strawberries before fasting for a day of blood tests.

Symptoms have been crazy this week- braxton hicks, acid reflux, sore breasts, headaches, low energy- you name it, I had it.
I think they've been more obvious because we've had a stressful week.

On Wednesday I went to a physio appointment for my Carpal Tunnel.. and came away with some crazy unexpected news.

I've always had troubles with my legs which we were told was loose ligaments, I had physio/crutches/leg brace etc and it just got dismissed and that was that.  As time has gone on I've had problems with my jaw, wrists and hips/stomach.

Without going into too much detail (because I'm still trying to get my head around it) .. The ligaments in my body are too lose, they aren't supporting the muscles, which aren't supporting my joints. They're easily dislocating/coming out of place and causing a lot of pain and discomfort. My physio has told me that it is advisable not to fall pregnant again- my body won't be able to handle it. The muscles in my legs and back, pelvis etc are weakening and need strengthening with physio/aqua aerobics, pilates etc to get them to hold out as much as they can.

They also want me to arrange through the surestart carers scheme, a home-helper for when Triston is at work. They really weren't positive and said it's going to get worse. I have wrist splints and will be fitted with a pelvic support at my next appointment- where hopefully I'll have a proper name for all of this and some more information on it. They have said once baby is born, surgery can be used to take the pain away but not to help.

At 18 it was a lot to take in, the future doesn't look great physically for me.. but I have a lot of support!!

Triston has been a star, about the not being able to carry pregnancy again and the prospect of me getting progressively worse.
There are a lot of worrying things that go alongside what they think I have, especially during pregnancy.. so I'm being prepared for early labour and am trying to rest as much as I can.

So thats just a short update for you. Emotionally I'm feeling strong, ready for anything life throws at me and I'm also enjoying time with Alyssa a lot more. I'm trying not to take the little things for granted.. because after this baby that could be it. Everything she does had made me glow with pride..

I hope I haven't bored you all with this update but I needed to post it as I have been getting lots of questions. It's early days yet (which have been painful already!!) So I will update more when I know!

Thanks for the continued support! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations :) I hope it all goes well for you. Hopefully have my first in a few years time lol. I suffer from Carpal Tunnel as well on my wrist, i feel your pain! xxx

    ReplyDelete