Thursday 10 April 2014

25 week pregnancy update.

This week I turnt 25 weeks pregnant!

I've had a busy week, with appointment after appointment and I'm ready to just relax now!

The main symptom this week is Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, I was diagnosed on Monday after weeks of pain.

Carpal Tunnel is a syndrome, where a nerve in your wrist is compressed. It causes pain, numbness, parathesia and discomfort in your wrist/hand/fingers. It is often caused by an accident, however 50% of pregnant women also get it! 

There isn't much that can be done, and often sufferers complain of the pain throughout their lives. I've been referred to physio, and have been given splints to wear to ease the pain. I will also be given steroid injections into my wrist. If none of these work, I will be sent for surgery on my wrist.

The pain is horrible and my wrist has turnt to jelly, I cannot grip/grab etc and it gives way often.

Other symptoms are the usual, heartburn, restlessness, swollen feet and general aches and pains. Braxton hicks are back, but luckily I've stopped losing my plug for now!

I had a check up with my midwife and baby is growing above average, but not enough to be concerned, her heartbeat was strong and steady and my BP/urine etc all came back perfect.

I've also been told that if things stay as they are, I will be allowed a home birth!!

Emotionally I'm feeling fab and have started weaning off of my medication (new post will be added).

We have decided to change baby's name to one on our list, but won't be announcing because no doubt it will change again!! 

The girls room is almost finished, with only a few more bits to buy for the big arrival!

We're almost into the final trimester (2.5 weeks away) and I am ready for the home stretch!

Come back next week for my 26 week update! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment