Wednesday 16 January 2013

11 months on this beautiful but crazy journey!

Yesterday, my beautiful baby girl turned 11 months old! How crazy it is! It feels like just yesterday I was in hospital, having Haribo stuffed into my mouth by Triston, listening to Justin Bieber as my Princess started her arrival. Now she's a beautiful, not so small, bundle of joy. Talking, crawling, feeding herself, pointing, clapping, waving, laughing, smiling, cuddling, climbing, dancing, growing & most importantly, sharing lots of love. She's learnt so much this past 11 months, more than you could ever imagine.. but so have I. I've learnt to love someone more than I could have ever loved before. I've learnt that life isn't about materialistic things, it's about the family, friends, love & support you get. I've learnt lots of new skills to be a mummy, patience, imagination(Especially when you've got a baby crawling around barking at the cat), I've learnt to cook, to organize, to be prepared & to live life to the full.
& as her birthday creeps forward, it's a special time for her, but also for Triston & I. It's the one year mark of our new life. A whole year into this crazy journey called parenthood. It's an achievment.. knowing our girl has grown & developed into a clever, healthy one year old!

When I was diagnosed with PND & OCD, I wasn't too sure if I would even get to this milestone, I was low & confused about what I wanted. But now everything's clear again, I was made to be a mummy, & this illness is just a little blip in my journey, nothing's perfect, life is going to throw things at you, as long as you have support & courage, you can get through anything!

I haven't had a bad day in a little while now, & I'm grateful for it. I'm focusing on the future, & looking at my beautiful family.. that's what's keeping me strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment