Sunday 3 March 2013

My Mum is my rock.

When I first found out I was pregnant, apart from myself & Triston, my Mum was the first to know. I knew in my heart that as much as she would be disappointed, she would stand by me as much as she could. 

My Mum & I have a great relationship & we're very much the same in a lot of ways. When she still lived with me, we argued a lot.. just like teenagers & mums do, but I think we're closer now we have our own spaces. We're just so alike I reckon we just clashed, as she wanted the best for me.

Throughout my pregnancy my Mum was my rock. She told me what to expect, came with me to appointments, formed an amazing bond with my unborn baby & was there for me whenever I needed her! She gave up her time to look after me, & take me to the hospital, midwife apps etc. Not once did she doubt me or my choices & I thank her for that. She was shocked & a little disappointed that I was pregnant- but not once told me I was making the wrong choice, or that I would fail at being a Mum. She told me my options, but never actually said which one she'd prefer- she let me decide everything to do with my baby, & that's what I love about her! 

She was there throughout the labour & I couldn't have done it without her. I wanted both her & Triston there, Triston because it's his daughter & my partner, I wouldn't have wanted it differently- & my mum for lots of reasons. I wanted her to be proud of me.. I wanted her to see her beautiful Grandaughter that she helped prepare for so much, enter the world & most of all I wanted her reassurance, as much as Triston told me I would be okay, my Mum had been there herself. She had delivered me, exactly how I was going to deliver my baby. We had a special announcement to make too- naming Alyssa-Mae Lillian with Lillian being my Mum's mum's name. We knew it would be special for her & that it would be even more special if we could tell her when the emotions were still running high.

A lot of people assume that my Mum didn't like it, or didn't want to support me. But she was/is totally opposite. She is an amazing Nanna & gives her all to support our little family. She has her annoying moments(FEEDING ALYSSA CHOCOLATE IN NICE CLEAN CLOTHES- LOL) But she's so supportive & loving. & Alyssa loves her more than anything. 

I wouldn't have been able to go on this journey without her- she's been there to support me, advise me, reassure me, trust me, teach me & most of all love me.

I may have a daughter myself-  but I will always be my Mummy's girl. :)

I wish the best for my Mum, she hasn't had it easy.. & I hate seeing her sad, but now I am almost a woman(lol) & it will be time for me to make sure she's okay.. & I look forward to be able to help her along & support her in the way she's supported me! 

I wanted to write this as although I tell her I love her, I find it awkward telling her how thankful & greatful I am for her.. :)

I LOVE YOU MUM.. <3 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1 comment:

  1. Lovely <3 I even had a little tear come to my eye (: I wish I had the strength to do a blog like you do, but I struggle to put things to words :/
    You should be so proud of yourself hun and your beautiful baby girly. xx

    ReplyDelete