Sunday 29 December 2013

Reflecting..

Christmas and new years always makes me reflect.. on the year we've had. What went well, what didn't.
So I thought I'd share 5 main points from this year- good and bad!

1- We moved into our own home. This was a BIG change for us, but a very welcome one. After living in a shared house for a year and a half with a baby/toddler, it was needed! A new house meant we could make our own routine, healthier food choices, and meant we had freedom to do what we wanted, when we wanted. A downside- ALL of the housework is down to us.. boooo!

2- Triston lost 2 jobs within the space of 3 months. This was a hard time for us, financially we made decisions that weren't great (we have sorted them now thank God) and we weren't able to do the things we used to enjoy. It sent my depression on a downward spiral and I needed my medication UPPING :( Although it did give us some much needed time together. .

3- I started Slimming World! This was a huge step for me.. I was so unconfident before and my weight spiraled out of control. I reached my all time heaviest and felt so ugly. Obviously not good for depression, anxiety and low self esteem. Since joining I've lost 12lbs (more if I didn't have a few naughty weeks lol) and although I can't yet notice a big change, I feel healthier in myself and am loving thd home cooking!

4- I found out I was pregnant! A big shock, but a happy one. We didn't want it to happen, precautions were in place.. but once we found out we were.. we were ecstatic. So far no affect on depression! :-) Feeling very positive..

and... 5- I continued to gain support from my followers on blogger, youtube and Facebook.. and helped people in need.. I am proud of my efforts- big and small! Depression affect- positive!

Of course, more than 5 things have happened.. but these are the ones that stood out to me!

I wish you all a Happy and healthy new year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment