Tuesday 30 July 2013

DEPRESSION UPDATE. 17 months on.

So it is roughly 17 months on since I 'got' depression, and almost a year since I finally got help. 
I am on the same amount of medication since, it has not been highered nor lowered.
In myself, I feel I am happier.. however, my anxities are still causing havoc & I feel I haven't got over that just yet. As for my OCD, I feel that has gone completely.. and I am happy about that, however, I think I am over the OCD because the depression has taken control and is making me less motivated to be so obsessive over things.. so it's good but bad too.

I am coping daily by focusing on what NEEDS to be done and not what HAS to. I am trying to pull myself away from negative people too, and that seems to have helped. 

Planning for the future is working aswell, we're talking about house decor, a car, job possibilities for myself etc.. So that's great. :)

In terms of the support I'm getting, it's still going strong.. however I think people are thinking I should be over this by now.. so aren't being as aware of my needs. If only they knew how long it took to 'get over' depression, and I hope they realise the truth soon, as it can take a long time and I don't want to go without any support for that long.

My doctor has been great and we've spoken about certain diets I can use to make myself more body confident, aswell as exercise plans made to make you feel happier(Endorphins and what not). So I am feeling more positive about myself after losing a couple of pounds and I feel less like I need to eat to make me happy.

Overall, things are going well. They are heading in the right direction. Sometimes, I get knocked down, but I am finally strong enough to pull myself back up again.

Thanks for reading, bye for now. x

#DEPRESSIONISN'TWEAKNESS.

No comments:

Post a Comment