Tuesday 16 April 2013

Life is a rollercoaster, you've just got to sit it out & ride the waves.

Just a little rant of mine!
One thing my depression has taught me, is that no matter what mental state you're in, life is always a rollercoaster. You can be healthy, unhealthy, depressed, not depressed, rich, poor, skinny, fat, male, female, young, old. Everyone experiences a wave of emotions & problems in their lifetime. I've seen that a lot of people that don't have depression don't like to talk about their problems, they think people will tell them to shut up moaning. I think that's wrong. I've never seen someone who has been diagnosed with depression put something out there & then have people tell them to stop moaning. So why should those without depression be told to stop? TALKING about your problems helps a whole lot. I've learnt that on my journey through PND. Getting people to listen to you & understand what you're going through HELPS. 

So why, if you're not medically ill, are you not allowed to complain about life, or talk about your problems? 

Mentally stable people have problems too & as much as I appreciate the support I get personally, I feel sorry for those who don't.. simply because people say 'it's life'.. yet feel that a depressed person would be offended by that, so let them complain.

LET PEOPLE TALK! Before it's too late & depression takes over, let them tell you how they're feeling, let them whine & moan.. let them complain & talk about their problems, you might not realize it, but 'normal' people can have just as many emotions whizzing around as someone who's depressed!



No comments:

Post a Comment